Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can Obama Fix An America That Pays Stephon Marbury $22M To Do Nothing?

There's limited space blogging sports for NBC, and in this recent musing about Marbury and Obama and reevaluating values, I couldn't include the point that makes Marbury such a paradox. That is, despite being vastly overpaid, and fairly dysfunctional, he's also one of the most giving philanthropic-oriented players in the NBA.

His move to put his name on $14 sneakers, in this era of $200 LeBrons and whatnot, along with the reputed donating this year's salary to charity, don't get enough pub in the face of all the more sensational hubbub he creates.

I've fallen victim now too, but at least I can clear my conscience a little here.

Can Obama Fix An America That Pays Stephon Marbury $22M To Do Nothing?
[NBC New York]

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I thought at least he would get on the floor occasionally. The only satisfaction I take away from all this--he better have GREAT investments!! I am sure no team will even want to take a chance on him in the near or not so distant-Star Wars-future. He's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/16/2009

    I was looking for something like that, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails