Monday, September 29, 2008

Pharrell Is Having A Tattoo Identity Crisis

A couple months ago I was intrigued to see that NERD frontman Pharrell was going to push the envelope of science/technology in getting his tattoos removed. Actually it was going to be more like covering them up, because apparently you can grow skin in a lab nowadays.

And the reason he wanted to do it was because he was getting too old (35) to be having "fire on his arms."

So I sort of agreed with that, at some point fire on your arms does look ridiculous, and I've since been looking for news on if the operation turned out successful.

But I guess the tug of having edgy graphically-designed arms was too much, because according to this interview with Inked Magazine Pharrell has apparently backtracked on removing the fire and is even considering some new artwork,

"I was talking to Kanye recently, and he was telling me I should get all of the Billionaire Boy's Club and Ice Cream logos tattooed on me,"

It's too bad Kanye doesn't explain why he thinks that, 'cause at 35+ years of age I think the only thing more embarrassing at the PTA meeting than fire on your arms is fire AND an "Ice Cream logo".

We probably need to set an age limit on tats, there's no need for any adult to add them after 35+. I mean we all struggle with our mortality, but there are many better ways to try and hang on to your youth.

Plus, on the negro tip, we need more adult role models with perspective; going forward the challenge for many of these hip hop entrepreneurs is to demo how rappers can grow old with grace and class, knahmean?

After all, life isn't all boobies and bubble gum...


flat top (kinda)

4 comments:

  1. There should be a rock star versus hip hop star tattoo competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/30/2008

    You know the Britney song "Slave 4 You", the one Pharrell produced? Someone should do a remix and call it "Slave 4 Tattoos" or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These rich celebs always find ways to keep themselves in the media. If you are a "Rock Star" live with the decisions you made with your tattoos. Fuck! I mean these fuckers just wanna find new ways to spend there money. Tattoos have no age limit. I don't get these people sometimes. I guess they have a false sense of reality because they don't leave realistic lives. They have no spending limits and they sleep with any woman they want. They are completely detached from reality.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails