Thursday, February 19, 2009

Presidentz4Life

I got sent this video a couple days ago, but put it in the pile for later viewing cause I thought the NY1 part of it was fake, and sketches demand a little more scrutiny.

But turns out the campaign to replace the n-word with the word "president" is very real. And the NY1 shout was actually a bit of a breakthrough for a mission that has been underfoot since Obama won the primary.

The report is seemingly straight-faced journalism, but then blurs the line getting into The Daily Show territory, leaving it chock full of hilarious quotables. I suspect the highlight is the dude/emcee complaining about how "nothing rhymes with president", but there's definitely competition.

So without further delay, here's a clip (a quick shout-out to my president Ryan, who reminded me about this. GQ is in the building!):



President Please

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/19/2009

    saw this on Gothamist the other day, very funny. I don't use the n-word much, so haven't been able to try it in "real time" yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/20/2009

    a public service for rappers everywhere:
    condiment
    transient
    sentient
    and and my favorite: ignorant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/20/2009

    Dang, vid is gone.

    is a dent
    negligent
    press a gent
    hesitant
    flossin dents
    malcontent
    recalcitrant
    provident
    management
    pop a mint
    less a rant,
    non-frequent
    freak a tent
    eloquent
    seldom meant
    dress and went

    ReplyDelete
  4. Satire or not, I dig this idea. I say let's do this...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails