Thursday, February 22, 2007

Eddie Murphy Haterade Is Not Pretty

Wow, found this via Liam McEneany (say that 700 times fast). I can't believe this guy (Fred Travalena) actually got a full five minutes to run with this Eddie Murphy impression-schtick. Satirizing a comedian is difficult -- as Fred capably demonstrates -- because you have to emulate all the tics and characterizations PLUS (and this is the part Fred forgot) you have to actually be funny within that style. Worth watching for shock, but I'm not sure there's a legitimate laugh in the whole bit:

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't even watch that all the way through before I got angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sometimes white people make it really easy.

    www.nickadamsweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/22/2007

    It's a wonder he could show his blackface after that. Didn't sound like Eddie, didn't look like Eddie, wasn't funny. What exactly was the point?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/23/2007

    That's one of the worst comedy routines I've ever seen...and I've seen Jones from Police Academy do stand up.

    The uncomfortable laughter, the shots of the very-white audience, the standard white-guy-trying-to-imitate-black-guy voice, the sucky rap attempt that I predicted from a mile away are all fascinating.

    I don't find the blackface offensive; I find his wackness offensive, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fucking awful. I'm with Odes, I couldn't sit through two minutes of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awful... what YEAR was this? This comic sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must stop watching this. It hurts. It hurts so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails